- Pattern-based matchmaker. The new matchmaker for Random Battles based on predetermined patterns. Pattern is a complex of team characteristics, including the number of vehicles at the top/middle/bottom of the team list, number of Platoons, number of light/medium/heavy tanks, SPGs, and tank destroyers. The teams are always created according to the following rule: number of vehicles at the bottom of the team list should exceed the number of vehicles at the top or middle of the team list. The priority pattern for three-tier battles is 3-5-7; the pattern for two-tier battles is 5-10. One-tier battles are allowed under conditions when other patterns are not possible.
Specific features of the new matchmaker:
- Only same-tier Platoons are allowed.
- The number of SPGs per team should not exceed three vehicles.
- The matchmaker considers the number of light tanks and tank destroyers.
- The difference in the number of Platoons should not exceed one full Platoon (three players).
- Preference of placing a player at the top/middle of the team list, if they have already played several battles at the bottom of the team list.
- Improvements to the map selection mechanics that decreases the chance of playing on the same maps within a game session.
- Update 9.18 contains many improvements:
General Changes to the Tech Tree
- New matchmaker
- New SPG gameplay:
- Mechanics of stunning
Stunning temporary decreases technical characteristics of enemy vehicles within the burst radius, as well as provides experience and credits for damage caused by allies to the stunned enemies.
- SPGs can now stun the crew.
- Stunned vehicles have decreased fire power and mobility.
- The countdown of stun time is displayed to all players who see the stunned vehicle.
- Stunning can be removed by using the First Aid Kit, even if none of the crew members is injured.
- Damaged caused to the stunned enemies is rewarded by analogy with the “damage upon spotting” mechanics.
- Decreased damage of SPG shells
- Improved accuracy and aiming
- Decreased reloading time
- Increased burst radius
- Overall adjustment of the view range for SPGs
- All shells without burst radius (Armor-Piercing, AP Composite Rigid, and HEAT shells) were removed for all SPGs
- New SPG-related features:
- Alternative “Trajectory View” Artillery Aim. The default control for switching between the modes is bound to the G key. This Artillery Aim shows the battlefield at the angle of the shell trajectory allowing players to aim by analogy with the standard Sniper Aim.
- Target Area Marker shows allies that the SPG player keeps an eye on that part of the map (T key, be default). Any of the Artillery Aims allows informing the allies (by pressing a particular button) about the point of aiming, selected target, and readiness to fire. This information is displayed in the 3-D scene, on the minimap, and in the battle chat at the same time.
- New light tanks that logically extend the U.S.S.R., German, U.S., France, and China branches of light tanks to Tier X.
- Some of the existing light tanks change their tier.
- All (standard and Premium) consumables that needs to be activated (First Aid Kit, Repair Kits, Fire Extinguishers) became are reusable:
- After using a consumable, it becomes available again after a while.
- Recharge of standard consumables takes 90 seconds; recharge of Premium consumables takes 60 seconds.
- Recharge time are individual for each consumable and does not depend on other equipped consumables.
- If a consumable is used at least once in a battle, a new one will have to be purchased, just as before.
- If a consumable is used several times in a battle, the cost remains unchanged.
New light tanks were introduced into the game—the branches of light tanks are extended to Tier X.
In some cases new vehicles were added; in other cases the branches were extended by transferring the existing vehicles to higher tiers.
The changes are as follows:
o Spähpanzer Ru 251 was transferred from Tier VIII to Tier IX
o The new HWK 12 took the free slot at Tier VIII
o The new Rheinmetall Panzerwagen was added at Tier X
o Technical characteristics of the VK 16.02 Leopard, VK 28.01, and Spähpanzer SP I C were changed
o The new WZ-132A was added at Tier IX
o The new WZ-132-1 was added at Tier X
o Technical characteristics of the 59-16, WZ-131, and WZ-132 were changed
o The T-50 was transferred from Tier IV to Tier V
o The LTTB was transferred from Tier VII to Tier VIII
o The T-54 ltwt. was transferred from Tier VIII to Tier IX
o The LTG was added at Tier VII instead of the LTTB
o The new T-100 LT was added at Tier X
o Technical characteristics of the MT-25 were changed
o The M7 became a light tank
o The M41 Walker Bulldog was transferred from Tier VII to Tier VIII
o The T49 was transferred from Tier VIII to Tier IX
o The new XM551 Sheridan was added at Tier X
o Technical characteristics of the T71, T21, and T37 were changed
o The AMX 13 90 was transferred from Tier VIII to Tier IX
o The new Bat.-Châtillon 12 t took the free slot at Tier VIII
o The new AMX 13 105 was added at Tier X
o Technical characteristics of the AMX ELC bis, AMX 12 t, AMX 13 75, AMX 13 57, and AMX 13 57 GF were changed